Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the ambiance that guests have when entering your St. Paul home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are ready to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and involve a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery near a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in St. Paul, give them a call at 651-213-9049 or schedule an appointment online to work through all the options for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.