Winter weather is just around the corner in St. Paul and when the temperature drops, the energy bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during St. Paul winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella St. Paul experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in St. Paul.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in St. Paul a call at 651-213-9049 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.