Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 651-213-9049, visit our St. Paul showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.