Fall is just around the corner in St. Paul, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to consider when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in St. Paul a call at 651-213-9049 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!